Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A butterfly flaps its wings....

... and causes a hurricane halfway across the world.

Except this time, it's the other way around. This morning, the internet connection was suddenly cut. Thinking that it was an internal problem, I quickly went to restart the modem before my colleagues could notice. But restarting the modem didn't help.

I quickly realised that it was an island-wide problem and so relaxed and waited for Singtel to do something about it. Until I got this email:


There was a major earthquake in Taiwan and a number of major cable systems are affected. Your internet access to certain sites in US and North Asia and USA may be affected.

I almost wish that it was an internal problem. Please pray for Taiwan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do know that is an old link right?

mis_nomer said...

gracious no, my mistake. thanks smudgi3! I've changed the link.