Pencil Shavings

Thursday, December 07, 2006

My mother is 58 this Sat

My mother has fallen twice this month. The first time, while trying to manoeuvre between the pavement and the grass, she fell on her face and chipped her front tooth. She sprained her ankle and her upper lip was red and swollen for days.

Even before the swelling on the lip has completely subsided, she fell again. It was late last night and she didn't see the speed hump. This time she fell on her hands, but her face hit the ground anyway, breaking her spectacles into two and bruising her cheek.

Heart pain, you know what I mean?

Fortunately, my mother is strong and well-built. She is taller than both me and my dad. She can also walk faster than both of us put together! When she was younger, she beat everyone in the company's badminton tournament and emerged the women's champion. She is a very brave and amazing person, very much the opposite of me.

I just wish she would walk slower and watch where she is going!

3 comments:

Gwynne said...

Happy Birthday, Mis_Nomer's Mother!

And goodness, be careful! Chipped teeth and sprained ankles hurt! Poor Mom. :-(

colinrt said...

hi MN,

twice in a row seems a little too coincidental... has your mum been complaining about any other symptoms? may be medically related to balance issues... take her for a full check up, just in case...

mis_nomer said...

Gwynne, my mum had a wonderful birthday. She went for a Christmas dinner party and had a great time. :)

Hi TOT, thanks for the concern.. I think I'll take her for a full check up soon.