Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

This post has been archived

I am an email-writing machine. But no one seems to be answering my emails. Is everyone on vacation?

It says something of my Frame Of Mind when all the files and documents pertaining to an event I'm helping to organize is stored under "Archived Events" and I can't be bothered to put it under "Current" since it'll be over soon, anyway.

What do you call people like that? The people who have such a sense of the onward march of time that the present slips into the past even before they can live it?

Maybe I'll call it living out of the archive folder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conversely, what do you call people who keep everything that should really have been archived in the present?

mis_nomer said...

I wonder which is worse.. If you had a choice, which would you rather cope with?

Gwynne said...

Oh, that's me! I must archive as soon as I no longer have to tend to action items in the current folder. Of course, this takes away that sense of accomplishment that comes with archiving something after it has truly passed. I love how you've described that as the "onward march of time that the present slips into the past even before they can live it."