Pencil Shavings

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The season of giving... and stealing

My poor sister got the cables to her Treo and camera stolen from her luggage on her flight to Detroit. Since she will not have ready access to an internet connection where she is going, I was counting on her being able to receive emails and SMSes on her trusty Treo, but now it seems that it will eventually run out of its charge because some ?!?##? fella stole the cables.

What does a person want with cables anyway? My buddy got her Treo stolen earlier this year too. I guess between my sister and my buddy they have a complete set.

What's up with all this thieving? Smudgi3 lost her favourite umbrella to a thief; smudgi3's brother lost a stunt bike; popagandhi never found her natasha; the guy at the camera shop tried to cheat my buddy and I by placing a non-high-speed SD card into our bag, thinking that we wouldn't know the difference. Oh, that last one got me so mad.

But well, what does it matter. This is all just stuff anyway. I doubt the stuff will add any happiness to the thieves, apart from that brief satisfaction of getting something for nothing. It is far better to have the satisfaction of working and making a living, and being able to bless other people from the money you make.

So, merry Christmas to all, even to you who steals. Because God gave all of us -- thieves, adulterers, cheaters, murderers, jerks, bitches and bastards alike -- the greatest gift ever. The one that we don't deserve and can never pay for. The one you can never steal from me. :)

God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe all who get cheated or have stuff stolen from them will be doubly blessed, so long as what happened to them (being cheated, having stuff stolen from them et al) isn't due to their own carelessness.

I've had many such examples from my life, the most recent being given a dud SIM card by an authorised M1 dealer, after I was persuaded to upgrade my Nokia fone by a yng man there who said he was new on the job and needed to meet his quota. A few days later, my brand new fone kept switching off automatically; it also showed no signal when obviously there should've been. Went back to shop but was told it was Nokia's problem. So went to look for a Nokia service centre but someone misdirected me to the M1 centre at Paragon.

I realised my mistake once I was there but the pple at M1 was very nice and asked me to let them chck the phone, even when I said I had been told by their authorised dealer to go to Nokia.

To cut a long story short, M1 pple discovered it was a Sim card problem as well as other incorrect settings, not a phone problem. Gave me a new SIM card FOC which enabled me to save 1000 contact numbers etc.

Well, yes a most happy ending. And let those who cheat, mislead and steal realise that their evil misdeeds can unwittingly provide the first stepping stone to better things for their victims.

mis_nomer said...

I'm glad you got a working sim card back. I suppose that is one of the reasons I prefer to purchase directly from M1/ Singtel/ Starhub.

Sometimes evil doesn't become good though... at least not in our lifetime.

Anonymous said...

And my handphone.... my precious handphone..... *sobs