Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sorry about the tardiness (and randomness)

I've finally got down to responding to the comments on my earlier posts. Sorry about the tardiness. I'm going to blame it on blogger though: for some reason I couldn't access the comments on a few posts the last few days, but today everything kicked into place. Yippee.

I've updated the "Where to find that elusive locker" post with this very important and happy piece of news: lockers at the Central Library are now free! Yippee! Now I don't have to plan my library days around minimizing the number of times I have to take my stuff out of the locker! (Effectively this means I can take a tea break whenever I want.) A piece of advice -- I'm so irritatingly full of advice I irritate myself, but I really have to get this off my chest -- please watch over your laptop when you're at the library, even when it looks like everyone there is a genuine library user. The last time I was there, a man had his laptop stolen. Not fun.

In other news, the folks in the US can get a free Treo 680 if they sign up a 2 year contract with Cingular! The lucky buggers. Lucky for me I'm in love with my Sony Ericsson.

I was sad to read about James Kim who died while trying to get help for his family when they got stranded in a car in the Oregon wilderness. My sympathy and condolences to the family. What James did was heroic. I can't help but wonder if it would be better if he had stayed in the car though. When two British teenagers got lost on the slopes of Mt Kinabalu, the one who stayed survived, the one who went to look for help died. Sigh.

Now that I've included the flippant and the heroic and made this post truly rojak (mixed up), I think I had better stop here.

[bold where I repeat myself]

No comments: