Pencil Shavings

Friday, June 01, 2007

How to charge your US iPod in Asia

Plug it into a laptop.

It's that simple. Two years ago I fried my sister's PDA when I plugged it into a Singapore power outlet. This time round, I googled for half an hour and still could not get a straight answer to my question. That's why I'm posting this boring bit of info here. Also besides, Smole says my blog is getting angst-y and the only way I know how not to be angst-y is to be boring instead. ;)

(More boringness to come: how to charge a Treo and a HP digital camera, once I figure it out! Keep your seat belts on!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most AC power adapters these days are international. But if yours isn't, you can pick up a 110-220V converter for less than $15 at most hardware stores.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks tetanus. Turns out that the AC power adapter accepts 110-240V, so we're good to go. :)

I was getting confused by the wattage of the transformers. Couldn't figure out was the power of the treo and the camera.