Pencil Shavings

Monday, June 25, 2007

Probably PMS

This is a self-centered site. I have another site where I affirm the people I love, but this is my site to gripe.

Went to look at two three-room HDB flats recently and both of them left me with a sinking feeling. It is beginning to dawn on me that I don't like small, cramped, old flats but I cannot afford anything else. I am stuck-up about toilets too. One look at the toilet and I've made up my mind.

So I wanted some wine to cheer myself up. I had a chilled bottle of white wine in the fridge that I wanted to sip in my nice homely room, but I could not get the cork out, even with a corkscrew. As I am typing this, that chilled bottle of wine is warming up on my bookshelf.

I think I will spend all of my money on feel-good things that fill the belly instead. At least then I would feel like I can afford whatever I wanted. Sour cream and onion chips or coca-cola? Both please, with nachos on the size, super upsize! Sigh I have issues.

4 comments:

Sivasothi said...

When I looked, I left dismayed after the first visit. Then I came up with a list of parameters and weightage of each factor. I also got a feel of how much a revamp of a toilet or kitchen would cost. That really helped - I let the checklist do the work and it was such a relief. Let me see if I can dig it up.

mis_nomer said...

Thanks Sivasothi..

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your friend Mr Yeo...

colinrt said...

actually, the crappier the flat, the more easy it is for you to rip it apart and do it up according to your ideal specs... just have to factor in the reno cost into the price of the flat if that's the case... hence, location should be the deciding factor... how near to amenities such as the MRT, hawker centre, your place of work etc... rather than the present condition of the unit... good hunting...

Sivasothi said...

Thanks mis_nomer. Yeah am sad abut that.

The hardisk in my G4 at work with all my files crashed, got backup but go to restore, so will be awhile. Using my MBP for immediate issues meanwhile. So give me awhile!