Pencil Shavings

Thursday, July 20, 2006

i think i know who you are

I form opinions of the bloggers I read just from their blogs. Some
bloggers I'm very fond of – I don't mean I'm fond of their writing,
I'm actually fond of who I think they are.

Smole told me today that I am more cynical in this blog than I am in
real life. It surprised me because I don't remember being
particularly vindictive, apart from that brief episode with Ms
Anthrope. It'll be interesting to compare a "real" friend's opinion
with a "virtual" friend's opinion, and perhaps somewhere in between
you'll find the real misnomer. (haha, I love the irony of that
sentence!)

In any case, all this narcissism is making me sick.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How utterly interesting... I form quasi-pseudo-gossamer threads of opinions about a person based on their blogs. I have no guts to judge a person without reservations.

Jim Jannotti said...

That's interesting, as I think there is very little cynicism here so you must be utterly devoid of cynicism in the non-virtual world.

At least, that's the opinion I've formed about you from yrerading your blog.

Anonymous said...

i can say i'm a completely different person in real life. and i don't know which is the real me, honestly.~milktea

Kelly Hosanna said...

:) hey there, my cousin won alot of gold class movie vouchers and he gave me 2.. i think you can purchase the tickets at the box office or online :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, mis, you really were looking long and hard for those discounted tix! How many other pages did you mine?!

Gwynne said...

That is an interesting question. I don't think of you as cynical at all but I do think of you as ponderous. Maybe your comments about the Singaporean government are what your friend is referring to? That's as riled up as I've seen. And like you, I can't help but form opinions about bloggers based solely on their blogs.

mis_nomer said...

Elle E, "quasi-pseudo-gossamer threads of opinions"? heh. Do you trust your opinions?

Jim, i'm am saccharine sweet in real life, really.

milktea, are you really completely different in real life? wow.

eric, :) true.

kelly-boo, thanks for the tip! those are pricey though, $25 each.. trying to find something cheaper. :)

b, i know, i'm horrible. I get my mind fixed on something and I simply have to hunt down every lead.

Gwynne, possibly. I think I'm just more harsh and angry in general too..