Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Running Season



It is scary like anything to have the marathon looming at the end of the year and being as out of shape as a deflated inflatable couch potato. Today is July 5th! That is 5 months to race day - December 3, 2006.

The plan is to get into 10k shape by the Mizuno Wave Run (Jul 23) and into half marathon shape by the Army Half (Aug 27), and go from there. It is daunting.

(As a complete irrelevant side note, I didn't realise that I put on one sock and one shoe, before tackling the other sock and the other shoe. I thought I would be the kind who would put both socks on, then both shoes, that being the most sensible thing to do.

I suppose the way I put on my socks and shoes is the way I eat a plate of food -- a little bit of meat with a little bit of vegetable with a little bit of bread, then back to the meat. My friend J eats all her vegetables before starting on all her meat, and I bet she puts on both socks before both her shoes.

So how do you wear your shoes?)

2 comments:

colinrt said...

definitely haven't tried socks over shoes yet... ;-)

Anonymous said...

wow.. look at that right tricep and biceps! hee!