Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Peripheral thoughts

Touched down 3:55am. Home 4:45am. At work 8:45am.

A bit zonked and woozey in the head, but every so often, an image from the events of the past week will barge into the brain, and I will space out, tear up, or smile to myself.

Why is it that every time I come back to Singapore, it feels stuffier, hotter, muggier, noisier, messier, and more chaotic that what I remembered it to be? How did I manage to pin my heart down to this little muggy island when I first came home from overseas? Maybe it is this:

Return train ticket from city to airport:
Singapore SGD 3.40
Sydney AUD 17.50

I am full of wanderlust. I desperately want my own place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Becky, Brenda's sister (beulahland blogger). My friend Christine and I just completed our 60 mile walk for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Breast Cancer Foundation, and while we were camping there, we were both incredibly surprised and delighted to receive your letters to us!!! Thank you so much; that really made our day. You are an awesome person! (And you have a very intersting blog! Glad you got home safely!) I'll be posting words/photos about the walk soon, so if you want to see what it is we were doing come on by!

mis_nomer said...

Hi there! Congrats on completing your 3-day walk successfully! Looking forward to your photos and comments. :)

I'm glad you liked the letter. I just thought it would be fun, that's all. I can't even remember what it looks like! :)