Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Why run?

Have you seen the latest Adidas advertisements? Where these guys wear bibs declaring the reason they run, like "Because No. 2689 talked me into it."? I think they are great!











I especially empathise with reason No: 2418, taped-nipples and all.

Guess what? Guess what? They will be giving us these special bibs to wear on the back of our shirts during the marathon! :)

Ooh ooh ooh.. what shall we write?

------

Update: ahhahaha, we know what we're going to write and it's going to be funny and obscure and pay tribute to the 42.2km!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love adverts like these.

I like 3029. He rules.

:D

Anonymous said...

Reason No.

4402

It keeps me from driving away from my children.

mis_nomer said...

I agree, 3029 rules! Somehow the reasons given by the non-atheletic looking ones always get to me more. I think it is because it makes running a everyman's sport.

Anon, as in, cos it helps you release frustration?

Anonymous said...

Ask any mother and if she's HONEST, she'll tell you she entertains the thought of running away almost every day.

mis_nomer said...

Ah I see. I thought the comment was left by a man, and kept wanting to delete the word "from". Somehow it makes more sense now that I know that it is written by a woman.