Pencil Shavings

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Am-I-Fat?

Smole told me yesterday -- I don't like to read other people's blogs -- which made me want to ask cheekily -- so do you like to read my blog?

(This question is along the lines of the perennial female question Am-I-Fat? which cannot be answered truthfully while keeping the peace. My suggested reply to such a question would involve taking a deep breath, holding her close, and saying, of course not, darling, I like you just the way you are; but of course then she'll say, I'm not asking you whether you like me, but Am-I-Fat? to which I will leave you to your own masterful resources.)

Sad to say, I didn't ask the question so I can't report how to dodge this equally thorny question. I only know, never ever ever ever say, you know how busy I am at work, etc etc. Better off saying, of course! You write as well as (insert favourite author here), even better! I think that answer deserves at least a kopi for the flattery.

But what I really want to say is this -- I keep getting distracted -- i was surprised that smole didn't like reading other people's blogs. I thought it was only natural to like reading other people's blogs. Well, I like to read other's people's blogs, in fact, that is what I do everyday at work, again and again, checking back faster than some of my regular fixes can post. What is my problem??

I think I am at heart a voyeur.

1 comment:

smudgi3 said...

And I'm sooo not complaining. =)