Pencil Shavings

Saturday, September 24, 2005

At work

Everything that could go wrong today went wrong. Okay, perhaps not everything, but it certainly left like it. First, my Pentium II laptop decided to go geriatric on me in the middle of a projection to 80 bigshots. It was awful. It took something like five minutes to load up, and finally when I got it going, it would only respond to my mouse clicks ten seconds later! I had to source for a faster laptop in the middle of the talk and change it over quickly.

Later, when it was time to play the DVD, it sounded like Mickey Mouse was stuck in the DVD and worse, Mickey was doing really really bad lip syncing. Gracious me. I muted all the mikes, took out the wire connecting the laptop to the sound system, but Mickey Mouse still persisted. I could see the horror on the Executive Director's face.

Altogether, five powerpoints, one DVD, and one flash with music. All I really need is one decent DVD-playing laptop and all my problems will be solved. Will probably bring in up next week. Otherwise, next time we do this, I am moving my desktop computer to the hall and projecting from it, I swear.

1 comment:

Shawn Cuthill said...

Brutal. I hate when that happens, especially in church :) It's strange how a board room and a church are eerily similar. Must be the condescending stares.