Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Resolute me

If P.J. Thum can swim continuously for 12 hours across the turbulent waters of the English Channel, I can run continously the 12km this Sunday.

Yesterday's run wasn't too good. I did two loops of 3.6km around my workplace in 42.9mins. I'm not unhappy with the time -- in fact it is the second fastest that I've ever done this hilly route -- but it was more of the mental torture during the run. I kept thinking -- even if I run three rounds, it'll still won't be 12km! It was as if I was only starting the first lap of the cumulative distance this week, a whopping 28.2km, and my thoughts were all about conserving energy.

Music irritated me; couldn't focus on the route 'cos I kept thinking about Sunday; stopped a few times 'cos of the daunting cumulative distance.

In any case, will run the 9km Mt Faber Loop this evening to get the hills in, drink lots of water this week, and hope for the best!

(By the way, Safra does not provide baggage service for 12km runners, only 21km runners.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do your best and God will do the rest.

A winner is not some one who never failed but is some
one who never quit/give up. Be a great winner in God's Kingdom.

mis_nomer said...

hey, thanks Alvin. Thanks for the bookmark too. :)

Anonymous said...

Jiayou! You can do it this sunday! enjoy ur run....not everyday u can run with thousands of people on the road for the monsters on wheel!

mis_nomer said...

t@z -- I agree. I am looking forward to running on the ECP and the Shears Bridge. I think the view will be wonderful. (when I'm not huffing and puffing up the slope that is!)