Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lesson #4: On Blogging

This will be my last post because blogging is for wimps, and so all the better suited for my wimpy half, Ms Nomer. Besides it will keep her from doing what is important in life and keep her under the age-old deceit: that talking about it is the same as doing it.

She calls this blog Pencil Shavings, and that is exactly what she will have at the end of the day, a pile of wooden shavings, worth nothing, spent and useless. Do you suppose blogging is the shaving of the pencil, or is the pencil already shaved, and blogging is just the gathering of the shavings? But it doesn't matter, at the end of it, there will be no pencil left anyway.

Don't be too gleeful yet, especially you, Mr Jim (or Mr Old Fashioned aka Romantic); it may be harder to get rid of me than you think!

Constipatedly yours,
Anthrope (Ms)

4 comments:

Jim Jannotti said...

As I am all too aware, it is quite difficult to be rid of certain types of folks. I'm a former pastor, believe me I know what I'm talkin' about.

But I'll be glad to peruse mis_nomer's worthless pile of pencil shavings any time.

Oh, and thanks for the link!

smudgi3 said...

*asks in squeaky voice
Can I have ms_nomer back? You're scary.

Anonymous said...

Har har. So you shall no longer blog. Good for you.
Blogging is for wimps? Why, that's correct. I agree with you.
Nice exercise in the un-saccharine field of bitching and moaning by the way. Props to misanthrope.

Anonymous said...

Dear dear Ms. Anthorpe (two negatives = a positive, right?),
Are you related to Screwtape?
You'll never win over mis_nomer.
Give it up,
joan