Pencil Shavings

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Simian Crease

Of the 45 or so common features of Down's Syndrome, I have at least two: the Simian Crease and an excessive gap between my large and second toes.

simian

The Simian Crease is a single crease across the palm of the hand. Most people have two lines, one symbolising the heart and one symbolising the head. Palm readers say that folks who have a single line across their palms have their hearts and heads joined. (Not that they are lacking a heart or a brain!) For folks with a Simian Crease, there is no difference between thought, desire and action, and so they are very intense and uncannily focused individuals.

gap

The excessive gap between the large and second toes is well, an excessive gap between the large and second toe. I've always thought I have such a large gap because when I was young, I liked to wear those flip flops which you have to pinch between your large and second toes. I thought that the flip flops permanently spaced my toes out. Well, I'm probably wrong, because this is actually one of the common traits of Down's Syndrome too. Too bad they don't have toe readers, or I may get a favourable reading on the spacing of my toes as well!

So, Down's Syndrome or Intensity of Being? It's your call. For every piece of evidence, there are many reasonable possiblities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! My sweet darling is back:) Am so used to you I hates that evil twin. Haha.
Oh this is interesting. My sister has a big gap between her toes too. I should tell her what I read here. *laughs*

mis_nomer said...

Heh. :) My sister would be happy to have this information too, but I'm not letting her know! :)

Anonymous said...

I have the toe thing, cant wear flip-flops >:(