Pencil Shavings

Monday, January 29, 2007

6:07pm

A Monday Chronicle.

It's about time to head home. I'm craving Bibimbap. When I first tried it at an authentic Korean restaurant, I didn't like it. I think mixing a runny egg that I suspected was raw into my rice just didn't do it for me. (Is it raw by the way?) But after I traveled on Korean Air on a long haul flight and eating Bibimbap at least three times there and back, I think the taste has grown on me.

(The entire paragraph above was written by my stomach.)

What a day. Handed in my resignation letter today and it feels strange. Neither liberating nor sad, just strange. I forget who I was I said this:

I am not only between the proverbial devil and the deep blue sea, there are sharp nails under my feet. You can make a home of sharp nails, you know, the way a salamader makes a home of consuming fire. I have uncannily made a home of this uncomfortable place: where there are no ambitions, no dreams, no principles, no hope for a future, just today, tomorrow and everyday after.

I don't think I was talking only about work there, but I can't remember.

I don't think I've ever been so keenly aware of the calendar year as I am right now.

Anyone up for Bibimbap?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this Bibimbap stuff. It sounds more like a web 2.0 app than a food.

But hey, I'll give it a try. I'll meet you at your favorite bibihouse in ten minutes.

;-)

Alvin said...

I'm in for food!! I think i tried this dish before, a claypot of steam rice mixed with meat and veggies. There's a Korean food stall at Food Republic, Wisma Atria. I tried their beef rice set, recommended to try. :)

Anonymous said...

How weird. I'm handing in my resignation letter this wednesday. =) Have more Bibimbap for me, plus an extra round of Kimchi.

mis_nomer said...

You were late Jim. ;)

Alvin, I actually really like the Food Republic chain. It is cheap good food in a nice setting. Will try the beef set, thanks! :)

smudgi3, really?? whoa. Okay. Will have Bibimbap for you to celebrate. :) To infinity and beyond!

Anonymous said...

So is the dish in the left foreground what we're talking about?

Not that it matters. It all looks pretty good.

mis_nomer said...

Oooh. Yes.. yum. See what you missed? ;)