Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fortississimo*

I've been trying not to think about having to make an important decision but crunch time is coming closer. Sometimes I think, yes, of course I'll do it; other times, I think, no, I think I'll rather kick my legs back and enjoy life. What to do what to do.

So I'm nervous. (I start regular face to face conversations with the word `So' now, thanks to blogging. My friend thinks it is weird. Bill Bryson says it is perfectly acceptable to start a sentence with the word `And', so why not `So'?)

I think I may occupy myself with something else now, like migrating my blog to the new blogger or writing yet another book post or posting another inane picture or reading this post very loudly* to myself, or all four, or something.

Anything. Except having to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea. I really ought to think of it in terms of say, between dim sum and papa john's pizza, but I just can't.

It is always the devil and the deep blue sea for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And but so you're being quite mysterious.

Hope your deliberations prove fruitful.

Anonymous said...

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Is one way peaceful, another anxiety?

I go with the peace.

Maybe that will help.

mis_nomer said...

Yes.. One is peaceful (but boring) and the other anxious (but potentially rewarding).

Sigh.

Thanks Jim and Janie for your thoughts..

Gwynne said...

So I am very late here and i do apologize, but I can so relate to this dilema. I do wish you peace in your decision. The truth is (I'm sure, like I know this ;-) that either choice will be okay. But change is hard. It takes courage but it's usually for the best and it is unavoidable.

Gwynne said...

A lot of "buts" in that comment. I guess that's part of the dilemma. 8-}