Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Graveyard dining

My mind deceives me. It feels like I have been gone at least a week. But perhaps it is because I misplaced my stomach while walking the streets without a map and it decided to remain behind at one of the many roadside stores we found an excuse to stop at every chance we could.

Mee Rebus
Mee Rebus with crispy muruku. The plastic sheet over the plate is brilliant. It keeps the plate clean as there is no running water at the roadside store. This Indian seller's gravy has a tinge of fish curry in it. Different from what I'm used to in Singapore, but just as good.

Eating by the graves
Graveyard dining. Two roadside stores sold RM2 Mee Rebus and RM1 Chendol in the middle of what looked like freshly dug graves.

BBQ pork and rice balls
BBQ pork and rice balls, this time at a proper "restaurant".

We ate a lot more - mee goreng, curry chicken bao, fried chicken, roti prata, penang prawn mee, etc., but sad to say, we didn't pause long enough to take pictures. :)

1 comment:

mis_nomer said...

It was on a slope leading up to a cemetery so I think it is what it looks like.. It is kinda morbid and funny..