Pencil Shavings

Friday, August 25, 2006

Why my next computer will probably be a Mac

Because 5 minutes after reformatting and reinstalling Windows XP on my computer, I catch a nasty worm just by using Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Tip: Download critical patches from Microsoft before you reformat so that you can install them right away. It is a nasty world out there, at least for us Windows users.

----

Update:
After reformatting it for the second time, my computer is now infected with adware. I may have to download the latest patch from Microsoft (rather than just the specific fix for the worm I had the first time) before reformatting it for the third time tonight. But, but, but, the latest patch is two hundred and seventy two freakin' megabytes big and my CD ROM doesn't read data CDs.

3 comments:

colinrt said...

there, there... it's ok... *pats back*

to use an old cliche... there are plenty of other fish in the sea... if you know what i mean...

just go out buy a new machine... shopping alone is good ol' retail therapy... and let the old one make a dignified exit...

not worth the energy and frustration expended, really... any computer over four years is due for the scrap heap anyway...

and it's not as earth shattering as PLUTO GETTING DEMOTED TO LESS THAN A PLANET??! i mean, wtf?! so much for science and the universe as we know it...

mis_nomer said...

What? What! Pluto is no longer a planet?? Is my general knowledge going to get obsolete too?

I think when I reformat my comp tonight, I'll name it Pluto.

Alvin said...

If u're a adventureous user of Windows XP, exploring most websites, I recommend u Service Pack 2 to be installed with firewall turned on. Too many bugs and loopholes within Windows XP.

Thinking of deviate?