Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

How to burn a CD or DVD in Mac OS X

Copying a CD on a Mac is possibly the most complicated basic task you can do on a Mac. Strange that they make you jump through so many steps just to copy a CD, but thanks to James Mitchell of FocusedTutorials, here are the steps.

Source


1. Insert the CD that you want to copy.
2. Go to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility
3. Go to File>New>Disk Image from folder
4. Select the CD you want to copy. Click "image"
5. In the dialogue box that appears, make sure that you choose "DVD/ CD Master". Save.
6. A file will be created with a .cdr extension where you saved it.
7. Eject CD.
8. In Disk Utility, choose the disk image you just created from the left column (usually at bottom of list).
9. Click on it once.
10. On upper-left corner, click burn. Follow instructions.



I hate burnng CDs on a Mac. The above method did not give me a usable audio disk. Grrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coun't you download a free tool like Toast Lite and get it done in a snap? I use Toast Lite 5.2.2L and it works fine for burning. It's basic, but it's free.

mis_nomer said...

I tried "Burn" but I couldn't get it to work so I uninstalled it. Maybe I'll try Toast Lite instead. Thanks for the tip..