Pencil Shavings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Mail.app non-tip

While trying to set up an email reminder in iCal today, I discovered a kink that has eaten up an hour of my time this morning. I can't receive emails sent from my own gmail account in Apple Mail! If I open up the web interface, the email is there; but it never gets downloaded by Mail.

The reason given in this post is that gmail treats the sent email as downloaded because it is sent from your own account. I tried sending it to my yahoo and other gmail account which get forwarded to my primary gmail account to no avail.

Now, what is the point of a reminder that you cannot see?

-----
Bonus Mail.app tip (for listening to me gripe):
How to set up shortcut for creating hyperlinks in Mail.app (Source)

1. System Preferences> Keyboard and Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts
2. At bottom of list choose "All Applications" > Mail
3. Click the "+" sign.
4. Type in the command exactly as it appears in the Menu. ("Add Hyperlink...")
5. Choose shortcut (Option+Command+H)


No comments: