Pencil Shavings

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The wonder of little things

My mother is cooking chicken curry for lunch. I am very excited. Something about being home on a Saturday, working a little on my MacBook and then stopping to have chicken curry cooked by my mother that makes me happy as a clam.

I can smell the spices already. Ahhhh... :)

I heard some bad news yesterday. An acquaintance's 21 year-old daughter committed suicide. Such sad news... I pray for God's peace and hope in that situation.

You see, that is why I hope I will never lose sight of the wonder of little things, like the smell of chicken curry cooked by your mother on a Saturday morning, like talcum-powdered little kids in worn cotton t-shirts and flip flops, like hugging someone you love, like the way a tulip opens to the sun.

For all who stop by here, I wish you a day full of wonderful little things... Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Renohtaram said...

yes, i must learn to appreciate the small things in life too...

Gwynne said...

I could not agree more! It's a sad thing when people lose sight of the wonder in the "little" things. Glad to know you are enjoying precious time with your mother and chicken curry...sounds delicious! :-)

That Janie Girl said...

I'm glad you are stopping to consider the small things and those that are real
- savoring them - especially your mom.

Anonymous said...

Despair is the greatest sin -- we'll never despair so long as we can enjoy the wonder of little things -- the smell of fresh coffee in the morning or the wonder of a teeny speck of an ant running across the table top.. busily going heaven knows where!