Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Watching

My workplace bans access to the internet when you use your personal laptop; thankfully, for some reason, I can access the internet with Safari, which is very good especially when you are stuck at work at 11:45pm.

It is all about watching, learning and keeping your head down. It ought to be one of the essential skills they teach you when you first start work for any kind of hierarchical organisation. Maybe later, after you've had developed some rapport with your colleagues and supervisors, then you can talk about what you really think. Meanwhile, when you are still green behind the ears, it is better to just follow.

So I have my trackpants, my Sandman comic, my darling Mac, a sleeping bag and my mobile phone. I hope tonight will be trouble-free.

2 comments:

colinrt said...

how come you have to work so late and in trackkies and sleeping bag? why can't you go home?

and what is safari? or is that what you're on and hence the camping gear etc?! ;-)

mis_nomer said...

Very curious you are TOT. Browser is the safari; camping is my name. :)