Pencil Shavings

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Amazing Race Asia Update

I don't think we got short-listed. Sigh. I searched technorati for "Amazing Race Asia" 'cos I was curious to know the outcome, and read this post. How to compete with "very fit and gorgeous male models" from India or "very well groomed sexy girls" from Phillipines or folks who "stripped, danced, cried and begged" to be in? More than a third of the applications were shot and edited professionally too. Aiyoh. Aw well. At least I don't have to bungee jump.

It would have been cool though.

Now I'm dying to see the Singaporean pair who made it through.

6 comments:

Edwin Sumun said...

hello there! i take it you're Singaporean. Well, the boys from Singapore looked like IT geeks (no offence) and a year short of doing NS. I think there was another team from the Lion City but we didn't meet them, unless it was those two stuck-up girls who didn't smile at anyone.

If it's any consolation, our video wasn't professionally shot. But I am the one doing the bungee jumps if we get selected!

hey, drop by (my blogs) anytime.

kualalumpurdailyphoto

mis_nomer said...

We lost to IT geeks and stuck-up girls? *wail*!

Anonymous said...

drats. went numb-ed reading tt. all tt effort in making the vid gone down the drain... so sad can?

bubblefish

Anonymous said...

IT geeks?!! well at least they weren't stuck up i guess... they're medical students so i heard..

Anonymous said...

where did u hear it from?

i wonder why. sg being sg will always choose brainiacs to represent them. a nation tt puts paper qualifications waaaay above e rest.

in its beauty pageant. n now the race. *bleahz*

=]

mis_nomer said...

Well bubblefish, I feel your pain. I knew I should have gone with the glasses and the geeky look. Aw well. Too late now.

Dot, did you sign up too?