Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pirouettes in the wind

Photo by Eric M. Smith

leaves


Everywhere I look today, leaves are falling from trees. My dad and I were sitting at the bus-stop this morning watching the leaves fall, when he said, "I've calculated and considered: the probability of any leaf falling in the exact same path and pattern is zero."

Hmm. Rather thought-provoking for a bus-stop conversation. Well, I've calculated and considered, the probablity of another person going through my motions and thinking my thoughts is as close to zero as it gets. We are all unique. Even our blog posts are unique. I dare say that if you give me any post in any of the websites I stalk without telling me who wrote it, I'll probably get it right 99% of the time.

Life is like a falling leaf, don't you think? You can flutter and do pretty pirouettes in the wind, but ultimately, you know and I know that the ground waits for us.

4 comments:

smudgi3 said...

wah, so clever meh? let's play Guess The Blog.

mis_nomer said...

Sure. :)

Gwynne said...

I like that. Very poetic. And true! :-)

Guess the blog would be a fun game, wouldn't it? I know I could guess yours. Not so sure about many of the others. But now, I'll start paying more attention. ;-)

mis_nomer said...

Actually I may have been overconfident. ;)