Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dreams: Digested Thoughts

Run!

Dreams have an uncanny way of hitting the bulls-eye on how I am feeling about the day's events. They are more precise and more imaginative than I'll ever be in my waking hours. This was how I felt; this was what I dreamt last night:

I was running a race somewhere in the US. I was running at a fairly determined pace because early on in the race, I had lost sight of my mum and my sis, and so I was preoccupied with finding them.

Suddenly, on a grassy, sunny part of the trail, something hit me hard on the left shoulder. It was one of those remote controlled small aeroplanes. It hit me on the left shoulder through my right, and into my thigh. It was embedded into my clothes the way string is strung on a piece of cloth haphazardly and then puckered much too tightly. My shoulders were puckered together, and my thigh close against my chest, and I could not move.

I slowly extricated the pieces of the aeroplane from my clothes, while the folks operating the remote controlled aeroplane informed me that I had hit one of their "slow" planes. Nobody seemed to mention my bruises, so I half-heartedly told them that I would buy them another plane and ran off.

You know the term "arrowed"? This is "arrowed" with drama. It is the perfect image: I felt like I was doing my own thing when I was suddenly hit by something out of the blue that tied up my hands and feet. It wasn't caused by anyone being particularly malicious, and I manage to extricate myself from the situation by writing an email, in the process somewhat apologising, but not really.

Perfect, isn't it?

3 comments:

colinrt said...

wow... that's one heckuva vivid dream... was it in full technicolour glory too?...

talking about dreams... sometimes, when i have a bad dream, and if somehow, i'm conscious that it is a dream and feel really helpless... i try imagining taking a remote control out from thin air and changing the channel... it works... like a dream... so surreal that it is almost like a scene out of the matrix...

mis_nomer said...

It was definitely in colour, but not as colourful as the pic. :)

About the remote control, how weird! I probably can safely say that I've never dreamt of remote controls in my life.. When I feel really helpless in a dream, I usually cry myself awake. Sad, but true...

Canopy said...

I can change my dreams consciously, but they usually go even more out of control when I try to do that.