Pencil Shavings

Sunday, February 25, 2007

祝大家梦想成真

May all your dreams come true.

I write in my head all the time. Today while walking home and composing a birthday email to a friend, I signed off with this line, then I crossed it out. Because, well... my dreams just aren't big enough. So what if I get that dream car or that dream job or that dream person? When I finally settle down and grow old, wouldn't I rather be surprised by how blessed I am, than simply having everything I expected life to be?

So, to those who stop by here this CNY season, may you be continually surprised and overjoyed with everything life brings. God bless you!

7 comments:

Gwynne said...

"...wouldn't I rather be surprised by how blessed I am..."

Yes! I know I would. How can we possibly dream big enough when we have no idea what all is possible?

God bless you too! :-)

mis_nomer said...

Exactly. Though I do wish that my dreams will come true too. :)

Canopy said...

I'm reminded of the part in Voyage of the Dawn Treader where the Narnians go to an island where dreams come true and discover that nightmares, not daydreams, come true.

Canopy said...

I think many bloggers write in their heads all the time.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I don't remember Voyage of the Dawn Treader very well. Nightmares that come true.. that's a scary thought!

colinrt said...

wow... it's getting harder and harder to access your blog... why are isps trying to block it? or it that blogspot in general?

anyways, hope you had a great CNY... i had a wuiet one... may the year ahead be filled with every good thing.... :-)

mis_nomer said...

I having a lot of problems accessing my blog as well. It is insane! Most times I use an anonymous proxy: http://www.pkblogs.com/mis_nomer.blogspot.com/
I think I will have to write to blogger at some point to ask what's up.

Thanks for coming by despite all the obstacles. Wishing you everything good ahead!