Pencil Shavings

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The things people don't tell you

That using your third and fourth finger to scroll on the trackpad of a MacBook is much much better than using your second and third. With the correct fingers, scrolling vertically and horizontally actually works quite well!

I have to relearn everything. I keep hitting Ctrl-T for a new tab when I need to hit that-apple-button-T instead. I'm sure that apple button with the squirly bits has a name.

I have done a full charge, installed Adium, Quicksilver, Skype, downloaded firefox, configured my email to my gmail account, thanks to popagandhi's handy list. (Thank you!) And there are still so many things I have yet to do.

I just realised that I don't have Keynote installed though. Boo. Was looking forward to playing with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry bout keynote. leopard, iwork and ilife supposedly releasing in march now, so might as well wait a bit.
but yeah lah, need to pay. sian.

Ivan Chew said...

Oh yeah, they really don't tell you what fingers to use LOL! BTW, I'm a "switcher" myself. Initially, I didn't find OS X that intuitive 'cos I've been waaay to used to Windows. But reading this book by Mark Chambers helps: "Mac OS X Tiger (Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks)". I've posted a review here. Go borrow it from the NLB library :)