Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quasi-kopi at the railway station

2:20am. Just got home from a late night kopi at the railway station. Actually I didn't even have kopi. All I had was a gigantic glass of green tea that filled my bladder to bursting.

It was nice to sit under the sky and chat. The area surrounding the railway station feels like Malaysia. Not surprisingly, since the land it is built on is Malaysian land. It is kinda nice to have a bit of Malaysia down your block. It also serves a very good mee siam for $2.00. I used to be able to buy a pack for $1.50 and feed a family of three with it. Not anymore though, but it is still the best mee siam I know.

The Ramly burger is a new addition, but it is possibly the only place in Singapore where you can get a Ramly burger all year round. Ramly burgers usually travel with Pasar Malaams (night markets) and so are hard to pin down. Just don't go to the railways station before 4pm or so because they are only open in the evenings.

But I didn't get anything to eat this time. Just conversation and green tea, which was more than enough for me. Except that I think I am getting hungry!

4 comments:

smudgi3 said...

the mee rebus is good too... yum

mis_nomer said...

ooh. yes. yum... :)

Anonymous said...

If u like meesiam, try the dry version offered at T Shake Hut at Bugis Junction.It's a bit ex ($5, gasp) but really worth it.

mis_nomer said...

Hmm. Not particularly fond of the dry type of meesiam, but I may try it one day. Thanks for the tip. :)