Pencil Shavings

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Day 21

Sleepy. My eyelids are heavy. It feels like forever before I'll get to pack up and go home today, and yet I can number the days I have left at this desk, behind this computer, before I pack up once and for all, and say goodbye. Counting down from Day 21.

----

I plod to the water dispenser in my socks and fill my cup with cold water to shake myself out of this sleepiness. My socks make dull thuds on the carpeted floor. Being friends with a doctor makes your mind run in strange directions. I am thirsty — do I have diabetes? Is an itch fungal? Bacterial? Psychological? Am I well-balanced? How is my cholesterol? My uterus? My blood pressure?

----

I'm breaking a personal record today. Two treats in one day; I feel like Santa Claus. Brought two brothers out for a steak lunch because one will be starting work soon; tonight I'll bring my parents out for dinner because my dad turns 63. Happy birthday Papa. May your days be long, full, blessed and happy.

----

It still feels like forever to 6pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! I like the new blog banner :)

potpourri said...

Thanks sweetie ;)

You've stole the words in your 1st paragraph from my daily working life. Haha. Boy do my eyelids feel like a tonne today as well. :(

Gwynne said...

Happy Birthday, Mis_nomer's Papa!