Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blogging Anonymous

While crafting this morning's post in my head on the bus, it suddenly struck me how I'm beginning to need to blog every miniscule, insignificant thing I come across. I mean, I posted FOUR times yesterday! This blog is becoming an extension of my insignificant life!

So I've crafted four questions to answer for Bloggers Anonymous:

  1. Do you feel like you need to post something in the morning before you can start your day?
  2. Do you feel offended if someone tells you that you are blogging too much?
  3. Do you blog alone?
  4. Do you feel like you are blogging too much, and that maybe you ought to cut down?

My answers to those questions are: yes, probably, all the time, not yet.

I will be taking applications. Recovering bloggers, please include your answers to the above four questions in your application, thanks. Meanwhile, I'm going to go offline and get myself a drink.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My answers are No, No, Yes, No.

I should blog more, though like you said, the things that I want to blog about may (appear)too insignificant at times

smudgi3 said...

one more question to ask :
do you blog for yourself, or for your readers?

mis_nomer said...

Titania, your application to Bloggers Anonymous has been rejected. :) You may want to apply to "I actually have a life" instead.

Smudgi3, hmm. That's a tough one to answer. Which is the more "addicted" answer? I blog for myself I guess, but am very aware that virtual friends are reading.. You?

mis_nomer said...

Titania, your application to Bloggers Anonymous has been rejected. :) You may want to apply to "I actually have a life" instead.

Smudgi3, hmm. That's a tough one to answer. Which is the more "addicted" answer? I blog for myself I guess, but am very aware that virtual friends are reading.. You?

Gwynne said...

Funny, that was a fear of mine when I started blogging, but so far, my answers are No, No, Yes, No. I think right now, I'm suffering from the other fear, that of not keeping up with my "obligation." ;-)

Anonymous said...

1. not every morning. but I do feel that I have the obligation to update my blog at least every week.
2. Not really
3. Yes
4. No. I'm quite the opposite. I hope to blog more regularly.

~milktea

mis_nomer said...

Gwynne, Milktea, Titania: Applications all rejected!!!

(Note that I did not blog this morning, at least not yet. I am on the road to recovery. Save me a space on the "I actually have a life" club, won't you? Thanks.)

Anonymous said...

heehee! my answers are no, no, no, no. anyway, one of the questions should be do you feel guilty when you blog...

mis_nomer said...

Oh yah. :) I forgot. Anyway, your application is rejected too, Smole.

Anonymous said...

My answers :)

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No

thc said...

I don't know anyone who has been blogging as long as you. It's fitting that you should be a founding member of Bloggers Anonymous!

mis_nomer said...

thc - sheesh, now i feel old!

brenda - you're the first person who got two yes-es. :) You're right, reading blogs is a whole different kettle of fish.

Eric - haha! Everytime I blog, Ms Anthrope looks over my shoulder. And yes, your comment does answer some of my questions after all. :)

Unknown said...

1. Not neccessary. I blog out of office hours. If morning no blog, night also can blog.
2. Not offended.
3. No. Blog with 2 kids pulling my hand to bug me to let them use compooter.
4. My left side say I blog too much. Right side say "must blog, must blog". :)