Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Upcoming elections

Alright, I'm embarrassed by my apathy towards the elections just because I don't need to vote this year. Tym, who doesn't need to vote either, has gone and stood in the the wet fields of two rallies held by the oppostition party already. All I've done is read a few well-argued posts at Singabloodypore, listened to a few "persistently non-political" (hahaha!) podcasts at mrbrown's, flipped through The Straits Times with disbelief at the unfolding Gomez saga, and that's about it, really. But how does a person size up the opposition in a week? Michael Backman of Asia Online is right: PAP has an astounding track record... Why does it have to act so kiasu?

My teacher in secondary school said to us that although we were all anti-PAP, anti-establishment then, when we grew up and went to vote, we would all vote PAP anyway, because of what they have given us in our education and lives. I've yet to prove this theory of hers. With any luck though, I may never get to vote.

Btw, this post is persistently non-political too, and I am just as kiasu as the PAP.

Technorati tag:

No comments: