Pencil Shavings

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A happy quandry

My sister wants to buy me a birthday present, and she wants to get me either the Garmin Forerunner 201 or the Polar RS200sd. I've been drooling over these two watches for possibly over a year now and now when it looks like my dream is coming true, I suddenly can't decide.

Which sweetheart should I choose? The Garmin who would spit out elevation and tell me exactly where in the world I am, or the Polar, who knows exactly how my heart beats? Do I want a sweetheart with links with outer space, or a down-to-earth girl tied to my shoe? Do I want square or do I want round?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you, i'll probably just ask my sister to give me the money so I have all the time to decide.

but knowing me, I might just keep the money and not buy anything. mwahahaha.

~milktea

Renohtaram said...

it's a difficult decision...

mis_nomer said...

milktea, i would ask for the money too, but i'm like you, i'll probably just keep the money and never spend it. Oh wait, that's a lie, I'll spend it all on junk food and running clothes i don't need.

renohtaram, i know! it is even more difficult because i have a romantic notion of running, i.e. without any expensive gadgets! sigh. You have the Polar RS200sd right? I remember you getting it muddy the first time you used it. :) hee.

Eric, you're right, after a while, the novelty of knowing your heart rate wears out. After all, you can easily "feel" how tired you are! Hmm. Can't decide!

Gwynne said...

Go with the Garmin (you'll be supporting a local Kansas City business and for all the reasons Eric provided). ;-)

mis_nomer said...

Whoa, that's like three votes for the Garmin (my sis likes the Garmin too) and none for the Polar...

Anonymous said...

i say garmin too.. in case we get lost, or it gets foggy or something.