Pencil Shavings

Monday, May 15, 2006

Not really

I am not really awake. I have not really gotten over the euphoric hang-over of the long weekend. I am not really ready to tackle all the work I conveniently forgot about over the weekend, that is now hitting me in my face like a ten-ton truck. I am not really ready to deal with a cranky server.

Actually, I am really in bed dreaming that it is only the morning of Vesak day, and what a gloriously laid-back weekend I'm gonna have. I'll bring my parents out for xiao long bao and la mein (steamed dumplings and noodles), go for a beautiful run at MacRitchie, sort through my old letters, buy extra storage for under the bed, hang out at Jamie Oliver's way past midnight, get my mum an avocado for Mother's Day, have a lazy, warm and fuzzy Sunday breakfast with my buddy, read a little, and talk a lot.

If only.

5 comments:

mis_nomer said...

:) No, it is not a custom. My mum has never eaten an avocado in her life. She was given a brochure stating all the nutrional benefits of avocadoes and she was quite sold on the fruit, but she didn't buy one because it costs $1.60 each, so I thought I would get her an avocado for mother's day.

I love avocado in my sushi..

colinrt said...

re: I love avocado in my sushi..


hmmm... yummy.... california handroll.... slurpilicious... thank goodness i'll be going to that japanese buffet at the miramar tonight... mouth already watering in anticipation... forming a river of drool all the way there...

mis_nomer said...

Oooh yum. Sneak a california handroll out for me. I think I'm going to have to get one from the CK Tang basement on my way home now!

Have a good dinner tonight. :) Great way to ease into this week.

colinrt said...

heh heh... all this because you bought your mum an avocado... funny how one thing leads to another sometimes...

like the flutter of butterfly wings over the amazon... and typhoons in the Pacific...

mis_nomer said...

Ooh. Maybe I'll make my own california roll with the avocado I bought my mum. But I guess that wouldn't be nice..