Pencil Shavings

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Free stuff I cannot do without: PrimoPDF

Once in a while, I find an absolute gem of a free software. PrimoPDF is one of these.



PrimoPDF lets you convert your word documents, webpages, powerpoint handout slides, etc. into PDFs for free, and, believe it or not, the process is as hassle-free as in the propriety version.

Below is the PDF I created from my powerpoint handout slides.



To create a PDF, all you have to do is to open the document you want to convert, click "print" and choose "PrimoPDF" from the printer list. It will ask you if you would like it to print to screen, print, ebook or prepress resolution. You can also control the security settings for the PDF you create, which controls whether users can print, copy, and add comments.

After you specify where you would like your PDF to be saved to, print your document like any other document and there you have it. Your very own PDF. It's a gem!

5 comments:

mis_nomer said...

Built into the Mac OS??!?!?! No kidding! Those guys think of everything.

Anonymous said...

that sounds brilliant!

mis_nomer said...

A Mac is a whole new world.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness -- I'm just about to convert my book file into PDFs for reviewers, and I was thinking I'd have to use something awful like the free PDF thing at Adobe. This makes it so much better -- thank you for the link!

mis_nomer said...

You're most welcome. :)