Pencil Shavings

Saturday, October 28, 2006

MM Lee comes to town!

These days, every time I step out of my house, something brand new sprouts up in my neighbourhood.

There are new zebra crossings...


Check out that short yellow lamp post! Cute eh? :)


I think this one is overkill, just because I used to cycle recklessly down this road on my red BMX with trainer wheels. How can my kampung rd be dangerous?I've changed my mind on this one. I noticed today that hump the zebra crossing is on makes it level with the pavement, which means that someone in a wheel can cross two roads without having to get up and down the pavement four times, which is a very thoughtful feature.

There are new sign posts..


These light up at night. Don't play play!

There is even a new CCTV in the void deck.


To catch those who urinate in the lifts.

And everything gets a fresh coat of paint...



Guess who is coming to town? :)

2 comments:

colinrt said...

re: Guess who is coming to town? :)

looks like santa arrived early for christmas... lol!!

and the little lights are for the elves... or could be the landing zone for his sleigh...

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure the vips or is it vvips? knows all about these civil service 'tricks or treats' and yet pretend not to know - which tells you of their complicity.