Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs!

Thanks to TrainofThot who alerted me to protopage's email checking capabilities, my email life is a little less scattered now. I forwarded both my yahoo and my secondary gmail account to my primary gmail account which protopage helps me to monitor via a little box on my home page. I have left my junk mail hotmail and work mail separate because well, it is junk and it is work, and never the twain shall meet.

Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs!

My only gripe about it now is that protopage only allows me to open emails in a new browser and not in a new tab, which is irritating because I don't like having a gazillion browser windows open. Clicking on "inbox" on your email in the new browser window forces you to open yet another new browser, which completely drives me up the wall. It is the little things, if you know what I mean.

Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs!

My friend J is on a low-iodine diet and I feel very sorry for her because she can't eat anything she didn't cook herself. She can't have iodized salt, which throws out all processed and restaurant food, 'cos you can't ever be sure what kind of salt they use. So she has been subsisting on fried rice, oatmeal and salads, which is fun and gourmet for a while, but gets tediously boring very quickly, especially when you're a little depressed because you have completely run out of thyroid. I'm going to buy her a curry puff when she is over this. The silver lining of course is that it is a great way to have excellent bowel movements.

Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs!

I bought two new pairs of pants (or trousers for our English friends) for $29 each which I will pick up from Iora this evening. How exciting. I've never bought two pairs of pants at one go. It makes me feel... dangerous. I think I'll pick up a few work shirts to go along with my smart new pants and I will be a brand new woman.

Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs!

In other news, I won $10 from High Browse Online! Remember when I thought I didn't win? Turns out that they were considering the Tolkien review for September instead of August, and the two reviews I submitted shared the highest number of votes for September. Pretty sweet. Now I need to lurk around Eric's and Jim's and Siren's site some more to get more book ideas.

Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! Tabs!

Bus prices have gone up again. It hasn't gone up by very much though. For me, it is an additional 6 - 10 cents a day, or $1.80 - $3.00 a month. So well. The silver lining is that every time I cycle to and from work, I'm saving more money too. Ha! I'm all about silver linings this post.

And so I'm done. The End.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tabs!Tabs!Tabs! on it's way from Protopage V3 in a few weeks time or I'll quit or eat my hat!
Agree it's simply the best start page out there.

Tetanus said...

Are you using Firefox? If you are, clicking on an e-mail in Protopage should open a new tab rather than a new window.

mis_nomer said...

Hmm.. I am using firefox but I can't seem to get it to open in a new tab... phooey.

Ivan Chew said...

Ha Ha, congrats in winning the voucher! I didn't influence my colleagues one bit. :)