Pencil Shavings

Friday, October 13, 2006

My lovely 4-bit display


I came to work this morning -- I had to climb over a 2m partition with white pants on but that is another story -- to this lovely 4-bit display.

The IT folks were trying to install an antivirus programme yesterday and something must have gone wrong somewhere. (No, I am not in safe mode.)

One of the things about making your own messes is that at least you know the steps you took to make that mess. Because I don't know the exact programme they installed -- I think it may have been spybot -- I cannot retrace the steps of folly, and so have to depend on getting a hold of them to fix my problems.

Aw well. I feel like I have those 3-D glasses on.

Time for a kuay lapis tea break! :)

5 comments:

Jim Jannotti said...

Anytime's the right time for kuay lapis. Whatever that is.

Anonymous said...

do you have picture of showing how you overcome the partition? :)

colinrt said...

lol... they must have been trying to install a firewall - like the one i have in my office... and in failing to do so, they must have erected that real life 2m high partition instead... not realising that anyone wearing pants, white or otherwise, can breach it with ease... IT... now that's really a misnomer if any... or was that an oxymoron?... nah... on second thought, they're just plain morons...

mis_nomer said...

Kuay Lapis is a yummy layered cake. The cake I had came from Medan, Indonesia. They taste better than the ones here. :)

kops, er, no, thankfully. :)

TOT, haha!

Anonymous said...

next time do a life demo will do as well :)